Apple pie ice cream is a delicious frozen dessert that combines the flavors of warm apple pie with the creaminess of ice cream.
Making apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker allows for the perfect combination of a smooth and creamy texture with chunks of tender apples and crunchy pie crust. It is a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall year-round and a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or any other occasion. With an ice cream maker, this dessert is easy to make and can be customized to your taste preferences.
Why should you make Apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker?
Making apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker offers several benefits:
- Consistency: An ice cream maker ensures that the ice cream mixture is churned and frozen evenly, resulting in a smooth and creamy texture. Without an ice cream maker, the mixture can become grainy or icy, which affects the overall texture and flavor of the ice cream.
- Time-saving: Making ice cream in an ice cream maker is much faster than making it by hand. With an ice cream maker, the mixture is churned and frozen at the same time, so you don’t have to constantly stir the mixture or wait for it to freeze.
- Flavor infusion: An ice cream maker allows you to add ingredients, such as apple chunks and pie crust, directly into the mixture while it churns. This means that the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the ice cream, resulting in a more flavorful and delicious dessert.
- Customization: With an ice cream maker, you can customize the flavor and texture of your ice cream by adjusting the ingredients and the amount of churning time. This means that you can make apple pie ice cream exactly how you like it, with your preferred level of sweetness and creaminess.
Overall, using an ice cream maker to make apple pie ice cream is a great way to ensure a smooth, creamy texture and evenly distributed flavors, while also saving time and allowing for customization. It’s the perfect dessert to enjoy on a warm fall day, or any time of the year.
How to make Apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker
Here’s a recipe for making apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1 cup pie crust, broken into small pieces
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are pale and frothy. Gradually pour the hot cream mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly, until the mixture is combined.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cooled, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Once chilled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, usually around 20-30 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of churning, add the diced apples and pie crust pieces.
- Once the ice cream is finished churning, transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Scoop and serve the apple pie ice cream, garnished with additional pie crust pieces and apple slices if desired.
Note: If you don’t have a pie crust, you can substitute graham crackers or vanilla wafers for a similar texture and flavor. Additionally, you can adjust the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg to your taste preference.
Tips for making Apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- Use ripe apples: Using ripe apples will ensure that they are sweet and tender. Avoid using tart apples, as they can be too acidic and affect the overall flavor of the ice cream.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly: Chilling the ice cream mixture for at least 4 hours, or overnight, will help it freeze faster and more evenly in the ice cream maker.
- Pre-freeze the ice cream maker: Make sure the ice cream maker’s freezer bowl is fully frozen before using it. Most models require freezing for at least 24 hours before use.
- Add mix-ins at the end: Add the diced apples and pie crust pieces in the last 5 minutes of churning, as this will help distribute them evenly throughout the ice cream without breaking them down too much.
- Store properly: Store the ice cream in a freezer-safe container with a tight-fitting lid to prevent air from getting in and causing ice crystals to form. For best results, store it in the back of the freezer, where the temperature is the most consistent.
- Customize to your taste: Feel free to adjust the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg to your liking. You can also add additional mix-ins, such as caramel sauce or chopped pecans, for a unique twist on the classic apple pie flavor.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and creamy apple pie ice cream in an ice cream maker that’s sure to impress your friends and family.
Apple Pie Ice Cream Maker
Cherry Mascarpone Ice Cream Maker
Coconut Macadamia Nut Ice Cream Maker
Graham Cracker Ice Cream Maker Recipe
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.