- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 Scones
- Large Orange – juiced and zested
- ½ Cup Low Sugar Dried Cranberries – chopped
- ½ Cup Dried Apricots – chopped
- 1 ½ Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Dash of Ground Cloves
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter (one stick) – cut into about 16 slices
- 1/3 Cup Half and Half (or regular milk if you prefer)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Liquid Stevia
- 2 Tbsp Ground Golden Flaxseed (or regular ground flaxseed)
- 2 Large Pieces of Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one piece of parchment paper onto baking sheet. You will need the second piece to roll out the dough.
- Juice and zest the orange and place in a small bowl. Add chopped fruit and orange zest to the bowl and set aside.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, except for the flaxseed. Set aside. Whisk together the half and half, eggs, vanilla and stevia until it is frothy. Add the flaxseed and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the chunks are about the size of a pea. It helps to use a pastry cutter for this task. Stir in the milk mixture. Drain the fruit, do not discard the juice. Stir the fruit into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the parchment paper and flatten it to about 1 inch thick. If you want to use a rolling pin to flatten the dough, place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough. Cut dough into 3 ½” to 4” squares; slice the squares diagonally to make triangles.
- Place triangles onto baking sheet. Set the triangles at least 1” away from each other. If you want the scones to be a dark golden brown, brush some of the reserved orange juice on the top of each scone before baking.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes at 400 degrees.
- The scones are best served warm.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.