Ingredients: Serves 8-10
- 12 sheets Phyllo pastry
- 250g butter – melted
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts – chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice thin slices lemon peel
- Place buttered sheets of Phyllo pastry into the base of a greased square cake tin, sprinkle with 1/3 of the combined nuts and cinnamon.
- Repeat the above and finish with a pastry layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Bring the ingredients for the syrup to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes until the syrup spins a thread.
- Remove cinnamon and peel and pour over the Baclava whilst still in the tin. When cool cut into diamond shapes with a sharp knife and serve cold with fresh dates when in season.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.