Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 600g sifted plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 beaten egg yolk (for glazing)
- 100g butter – chilled
- 50g vegetable shortening
- Pinch of salt
- Ice cold water to mix
For the Filling:
- 300g minced chicken or prawn
- 150g chopped water chestnuts
- 4-5 tbsp frozen peas
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp thick soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Chopped spring onion
- Put flour on big working board. Add salt.
- Cut pieces of butter and shortening into flour.
- Rub into flour and mix well with the fingers to resemble bread crumbs.
- Pour egg yolks over. Mix well. Sprinkle a little water to form pliable dough.
- Keep dough covered with a piece of cloth in the refrigerator.
- Heat cooking and sesame oil. Fry the garlic.
- Stir in the chicken – adding the water chestnuts, seasoning and sauces. Lift from heat.
- Stir in the peas and garnishing. Cool. Divide the pastry into 25 equal portions.
- Roll out on floured board about 2 cm thick – put in spoonfuls of the filling.
- Draw edges together to form a bun. Seal well with fingers to secure.
- Brush bun with beaten egg yolk. Bake on lined sheets in preheated oven of 170°C till golden.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.