Waffles are a type of breakfast food that is made by pouring batter onto a hot griddle or waffle iron and cooking it until it is golden brown. Waffles are typically served with butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
There are many different types of waffle makers on the market, so finding the best one for your needs can be a challenge. However, by considering factors such as cooking time, size, and price, you can narrow down your options and find the perfect waffle maker for your kitchen.
In this article, we will look at some of the best waffle makers on the market and help you choose the right one for your needs.
Our Top Picks
What Is A Waffle Maker?
A waffle maker is a small appliance used to make waffles. Waffles are a type of breakfast pastry made from flour, milk, sugar, baking powder, and eggs. They are cooked on both sides in a special waffle maker until they are golden brown and crispy.
Waffle makers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and there are even some that can be used to make other types of pastries like croissants. The most common type of waffle maker has two round cooking plates that are heated up by electricity. There is also a newer type of waffle maker that uses steam instead of electricity to cook the waffles.
Waffle makers can be expensive, but they are a great investment if you enjoy eating waffles often. They are also a great appliance to have if you are hosting a brunch or breakfast party.
Why Should You Buy A Waffle Maker?
Waffle makers are becoming increasingly popular, and for good reasons! Not only do they make delicious waffles, but they’re also relatively easy to use and clean. If you are thinking about purchasing a waffle maker, here are a few reasons why you should definitely go for it:
- Waffles taste amazing. This is probably the most obvious reason to buy a waffle maker, but it’s worth mentioning nonetheless! Whether you like your waffles plain or topped with fruit, syrup, or whipped cream, there’s no denying that they make a delicious breakfast or snack.
- Easy to use. Even if you’ve never made waffles before, you’ll be able to figure out how to use a waffle maker in no time. Most models come with simple instructions, and they’re all pretty straightforward to operate.
- Easy to clean. Waffle makers are generally extremely easy to clean since the cooking plates are removable. All you need to do is wipe them down with a damp cloth after each use, and they will be good as new.
- Versatile. Not only can you make traditional waffles with a waffle maker, but you can also use it to make other types of treats, such as hash browns or cinnamon rolls.
- Affordable. Waffle makers range in price from around $20 to $100, so there’s something for everyone’s budget.
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make breakfast option, a waffle maker is a great choice. With so many reasons to love them, it is no wonder they’re becoming so popular!
How To Choose The Best Waffle Maker
When it comes to waffle makers, there are a lot of factors to consider before making your purchase. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a waffle maker:
- Size and capacity: Waffle makers come in a variety of sizes, so it’s important to choose one that will fit your needs. If you are only making waffles for yourself or a small family, a smaller waffle maker will suffice. But if you’re hosting large gatherings or have a big family, you’ll need a larger capacity waffle maker to keep everyone satisfied.
- Waffle type: There are two main types of waffles: Belgian and standard. Belgian waffles are thicker and have deeper pockets, while standard waffles are thinner and have shallower pockets. Consider which type of waffle you prefer before selecting a waffle maker.
- Ease of use: Some waffle makers are easier to use than others. If you’re new to making waffles, look for a waffle maker that is easy to operate. Some models even have indicator lights or audible alerts to let you know when the waffle iron is preheated and when your waffle is ready.
- Nonstick coating: A nonstick coating on your waffle iron will help prevent your waffles from sticking, making them easier to remove and resulting in less of a mess.
- Adjustable temperature control: Many waffle makers have adjustable temperature control so you can customize the cooking temperature to your liking. This is important if you are looking for a specific level of doneness or if you want to make sure your waffles are cooked evenly.
- Removable plates: Some waffle makers have removable plates that can be washed in the dishwasher, while others require manual cleaning. If you are looking for a machine that is easy to clean, go with one with removable plates.
- Warranty: Finally, be sure to check the warranty information before making your purchase. Waffle makers typically come with a one-year warranty, but some models offer extended warranties.
When considering these factors, remember that the best waffle maker for you is the one that meets your needs and fits your lifestyle. So, take your time and choose wisely!
The Best Waffle Maker: 10 Top-Rated Models Reviewed
1. Best Overall: Cuisinart Vertical Waffle Maker
Most waffle makers have a horizontal design, but Cuisinart created this vertical model to conserve counter space. It has a brushed stainless steel top cover, nonstick baking plates, a locking handle, and lights that emit three beeps when the waffles are ready.
The unique design of this waffle maker prevents batter overflow. Its designated batter pour spout at the top enables easy filling from bottom to top, and its five-setting browning control allows for precise browning. The Cuisinart Vertical Waffle Maker is ideal for everyday breakfasts and can accommodate a single Belgian waffle.
About this item
- Vertical Design with Batter Pour Spout
- Bakes One Round Belgian Waffle
- Five-setting Browning Control
- Ready-50-Bake/Ready-to-Eat Indicator Lights
- Audible Alert
2. Best Flip Belgian-Waffle Maker: Cuisinart Double Belgian Waffle Maker
Cuisinart Maker Waffle-Iron, Double, Stainless Steel
If picture-perfect waffles are a must, this flip waffle maker is the best option. The flip function simplifies distributing batter from edge to edge without overflowing evenly. The Cuisinart waffle maker heats and cooks’ waffles quickly, producing waffles with a crisp exterior and a light interior.
It cannot be denied that flip models ensure uniform waffle size by distributing the batter evenly. The Cuisinart Double Belgian goes one step further with its capacity to make two waffles simultaneously. No waiting for the first to be complete before beginning the second. And the deep-pocketed grids produce golden waffles with a thickness of one inch.
The browning knob’s six settings allow for customization, and the waffle maker’s oversized handle facilitates flipping. Indicator lights and audible beeps alert you when the machine is ready and when the waffles are done. In addition, a measuring cup is included to ensure that the correct amount of batter is used every time.
Its heavy plates heat evenly and retain heat well, so waffles are consistently browned batch after batch. This waffle iron makes two large waffles simultaneously and reheats them quickly so that it can satisfy many rumbling stomachs. This model also includes an on/off switch, allowing you to keep it on your counter for instant waffles.
It is bulky, measuring 9 x 9.75 x 15 inches, but the wide base provides extra stability, and the nonstick plates simplify food release and cleanup.
About this item
- Professional quality for home use
- Bakes two Belgian waffles at a time
- Extra-deep 1-inch waffle pockets and browning control knob
- Nonstick coated waffle grids easily release waffles and make cleaning effortless
- Easy-to-handle rotary feature for even baking on top and bottom
- 1400 watts of power
- 2 LED ready indicator lights and 3 audio beep tones signal when each waffle is done
3. Best High-End: All-Clad Belgian-Style Waffle Maker
All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker with 7 Browning Settings, 2-Square, Silver
This waffle iron was the most expensive of those we evaluated. Still, the waffles it produced were so evenly browned, delicately crisp on the outside, and airy on the inside that we consider it the best option for Belgian waffles.
This All-Clad model has extra-deep divots for Belgian-style waffles with a maximum capacity for butter and syrup. It produces two waffles simultaneously and includes a drip tray to minimize spills and messes. The heavy stainless-steel body and die-cast plates heat up quickly and evenly to ensure uniform browning.
The 4-square form allows you to feed an entire family at once. Each batch of waffles is tall and airy, with uniform cooking on both sides: the exterior is golden and crisp, while the interior is moist and delicate. Our results were not a fluke, as consumers on Amazon have described this waffle maker as the “greatest on the globe” and producing “excellent results every time.”
While we did not delve into the realm of “will it waffle,” we did find anecdotal evidence that it can produce “excellent” brownies and paninis.
Due to their superior craggy, crispy exterior and pillowy interior, the All-Clad waffles prevailed in the blind tasting test, and we hereby maintain our earlier recommendation. However, we recognize that it’s cost and size may make it inaccessible to many, which is why we also like the Presto.
About this item
- Features 7 adjustable levels of toasting shade, so your waffle’s as crispy as you like it
- Automatically alerts you when you need to pour batter or when your waffle is done
- Coated with a PFOA-free nonstick material that helps waffles slide right off
- Makes 2 square-shaped waffles at a time
- Unique and Sophisticated Design. Easy to cut sections and extra deep pockets to enjoy your waffles with any type of toppings. For inspiration, a recipe virtual booklet is available to download below
4. Best Mini: DASH Mini Maker for Individual Waffles
DASH Mini Maker for Individual Waffles, Hash Browns, Keto Chaffles with Easy to Clean, Non-Stick Surfaces, 4 Inch, Aqua
With the Dash Mini, involving your children in the kitchen has never been easier or more enjoyable. This waffle maker is also an excellent choice if you have limited space, are living in a van, or are outfitting a dorm room. It makes waffles that can be reheated in a toaster—hello, breakfast preparation—and weighs just 1 ounce with a 4-inch cooking surface. Additionally, it comes in a variety of fun shapes and hues.
We recommend the Dash Mini Waffle Maker because it is affordable and doesn’t take up much space in the kitchen. This is important for those with limited kitchen space who want to prepare healthy meals from scratch on a budget.
The design is straightforward, with a ready-for-batter indicator light and nonstick plates that are easy to clean. It also has nonslip feet to ensure stability on the countertop. The Dash Mini includes an illustrated owner’s manual and access to a recipe database demonstrating all the magical ways you can use your waffle maker beyond waffles, such as paninis, chaffless, and potato latkes.
You do not receive a doneness dial or a timer, so you must determine when your waffles are done independently, although this is a minor complaint given the price. The handle is more problematic, an extension of the lid, and gets hot enough to burn fingers, necessitating caution when opening and closing it.
Still, it is simple to use, clean, and evenly cook waffles. These miniature waffles are the ideal size for desserts and breakfast sandwiches, making the Dash an excellent choice for inventive home cooks.
About this item
- 350 watts
- 4” nonstick cooking surface
- Easy to Clean
5. Premium Pick: Breville BWM520XL No-Mess Waffle Maker
Breville BWM520XL No-Mess Waffle Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel
Suppose you prefer the thinner type of American waffle. In that case, the Breville waffle maker is the best option because it produces waffles with the most consistent color among all the batches we tested. The waffles were perfectly crisp without becoming dry, and their interiors remained fluffy.
Although it only makes one waffle at a time, it reheats and cooks quickly, allowing you to produce waffles easily. The integrated drip tray, nonstick surface, and simple design make cleanup simple.
Breville’s waffle maker was the costliest one I evaluated, costing $150, and it has a robust and high-end design. However, the design is not flawless, which prevents me from suggesting it as an upgrade. For example, while the overflow moat does an excellent job of gathering excess batter, it gets as hot as the cooking plate inside, and there is nothing to prevent you from burning your fingers on it.
Even though the interior is nonstick, the concave design, which cooks a thin, crispy waffle like a pan pizza, makes it difficult to remove the waffle once it’s done.
About this item
- 900 watts
- No-mess moat
- Classic Waffle Plate
- 7 Browning Control Settings
- Thermal Pro Heat Distribution
- Die-cast Aluminum Plates
- PFOA free non-stick plates
6. Best Rotating: Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker,Black
Unique in its design, this model flips from side to side rather than rotating. The flip design evenly distributes the batter to produce 7-inch-diameter, 1-inch-thick waffles. Unhinged containers require slightly more counter space but can be locked and stored vertically when cooled.
The Presto Flipside also includes a digital countdown timer. The manufacturer recommends four minutes of cooking time, which can be altered according to individual taste. Likewise, cleanup is a breeze.
The appealing ceramic coating within the iron made the Presto one of the most accessible waffle irons to clean among the models I tested, despite the absence of detachable plates. The waffles generated by this waffle maker were, maybe most crucially, the fluffiest and most pleasant bites I sampled.
Thanks to the built-in minute timer, you’ll have no trouble replicating those excellent waffle results. If you prefer thin waffles, you should search elsewhere, as Presto produces waffles around an inch thick and fluffy.
About this item
- 1100 watts
- Included Components: Drains And Serves.
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Stainless Steel
- Bakes extra-thick Belgian waffles in minutes
7. Best big-batch waffle-maker: Krups 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker
KRUPS Belgian Waffle Maker, Waffle Maker with Removable Plates, 4 Slices, Silver/Black
The inexpensive Krups waffle maker is ideal for feeding a crowd on a budget due to its large cooking surface. It has a large enough capacity to make four waffles at once, but it is still compact, with handles that lock in upright storage and a cord that coils underneath. The detachable plates are dishwasher-safe, making cleanup simple.
For families or Belgian-waffle enthusiasts, the Krups GQ502 4-Slice Belgian is a more economical option than the Cuisinart or even the Chef’sChoice 840B because it produces four waffles with deep pockets simultaneously.
This waffle maker’s detachable cooking plates are one of its most significant advantages. As expected, these plates are produced from die-cast material and include a non-stick coating. This not only makes serving and cleaning your waffles easier but also makes them simpler to serve. Even if some batter does get ground into the plates, they can be removed and washed in the dishwasher, which is a nice feature.
The Krups waffle maker’s dimensions are 16.5 inches by 12.6 inches and 6.7 inches deep, making it small enough to fit in most kitchen cabinets. Krups has thoughtfully designed a cord wrap in the base to keep the electrical cable neat and out of the way while not in use. There is even a handle lock so that the waffle maker cannot be opened while it is stored and can even be kept vertically.
About this item
- 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Maker With Removable Plates
- Easy to clean
- Easy to store
- Perfect Results Every Time
- Adjustable browning
- Sleek stainless steel design
- Audible “Ready” beep no guesswork needed
8. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker
BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with Nonstick Reversible Plates, Stainless Steel, G48TD
If you have a large family, the best thin waffle maker on the market is an absolute must. Have you ever been preparing breakfast and wished you had a single appliance that could prepare an entire meal? The Black+Decker 3-in-1 Waffle Maker can fulfill all your breakfast preparation requirements. It produces two waffles larger than the usual waffle and can also be used as a sandwich press and griddle. Imagine being able to prepare an entire meal without having to get out multiple pots and equipment!
Black+Decker appliances have a lengthy history of being regarded as some of the top goods on the market. They tend to be somewhat expensive with such a reputation, but you get what you pay for.
The first outstanding feature of the Black+Decker 3-in-1 Waffle Maker is, as the name suggests that it cooks waffles. Unlike everyday waffle makers, which produce 7-inch waffles, this machine has 9-inch waffles. If you enjoy waffles but find that standard waffle irons fall short of your expectations, this feature alone will make it worthwhile.
When you are not creating waffles, you can use the flat side of the plates as a grill. This function facilitates the preparation of grilled sandwiches and meats. Since it heats the food from all sides, it will cook faster and more evenly.
While the flat side of the plates serves as your cooking surface, you can open the grill and use it as a griddle by flattening it out. The griddle can be used to prepare pancakes, eggs, and anything else that can be cooked in a pan or on a griddle.
In addition, the plates’ flat grill and griddle sides contain grease drainage grooves that direct grease and excess oil away from the food.
The various temperature controls ensure that your food will be cooked at the ideal temperature. The non-stick plates are straightforward to clean. If the mess is complicated, you can remove and wash them in the sink.
Overall, the Black+Decker 3-in-1 Waffle Maker is an incredibly versatile gadget that allows you to make multiple foods with a single appliance.
The Black+Decker 3-in-1 Waffle Maker is a fantastic appliance if you wish to prepare a full breakfast with a single device. You may prepare waffles, grilled sandwiches, eggs, and other foods. The convertible plates allow you to switch modes quickly.
Try the Black+Decker 3-in-1 Waffle Maker, the best waffle maker for thin waffles.
About this item
- 900 watts
- Nonstick Reversible Plates
- 180 Degree Hinge
- Adjustable Temperature Controls
- Versatile three-in-one appliance
- Grease Runoff Channels
9. Best Classic: Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker
This Cuisinart waffle maker produces American-style waffles with a thickness of 0.5 inches. It is compact, simple to clean, and makes waffles quickly and consistently. The five browning settings provide some control over doneness, and the weighted lid ensures even cooking on both sides without the need to flip the food.
We sent this item home with one of our apartment dwellers for testing. Although this machine is small, it proved to be a formidable waffle maker when used on the spot. The nonstick plates heat up within a maximum of 1.5 minutes. In just a minute and a half, pancakes were fully cooked and lightly browned when the heat was medium.
Due to its diminutive size, the heating coil can be identified by the heat radiating from the center and the uneven browning. Another disadvantage is that waffles are not crisp, even when placed on a rack, to prevent steaming. However, they come out relatively cleanly, with no residue left behind in our tests. Once spills have cooled, they are easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
This model’s stability is not an issue; the rubber feet prevent it from slipping while baking. Dual indicator lights will let you know when to add the batter and when the waffles are done cooking. In addition, the cord of the Cuisinart Classic is neatly stored by wrapping around the base of the appliance.
About this item
- 850 watts
- Bakes one large traditional-style waffle
- Five-setting browning control
- Regulating thermostat
- Nonstick baking plates
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Red and green “ready to bake/ready to eat” indicator lights
- Instruction/Recipe book included
10. Easiest to clean: Hamilton Beach 26031 Belgian Waffle Maker
Hamilton Beach 26031 Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Nonstick Plates, Single Flip, Ceramic Grids, Black
Some waffle makers may cook more uniformly than others, and the thickness of your waffle will vary from model to model, but overall, these will produce a somewhat similar product. The actual distinction is in the design, specifically how simple they are to use and clean.
If the simplicity of cleaning is essential to you and your waffle batter, the Hamilton Beach Belgian Waffle Maker should be your first choice. It has dishwasher-safe waffle plates that pop in and out with the press of a button, but its secret weapon is the extra-large drip tray that rests beneath the flip-able iron. I poured in far too much batter at one point, resulting in a large overflow (let’s call this a stress test). Thankfully, the drip tray captured everything, which made cleanup a joy.
When I tested a virtually identical waffle maker from Black & Decker with a slightly smaller drip tray, I made care to subject it to the same stress test for comparison’s sake — and it failed to contain the overflow as effectively as the Hamilton Beach did. Coupled with thick, fluffy, and evenly cooked waffles, the Hamilton Beach is an intelligent, foolproof choice for home cooks who wish to prevent a mess.
About this item
- 800 watts
- Flip for thick, healthy waffles
- Removable dishwasher safe grids & drip tray
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Adjustable browning control
- Power on and ready to cook indicator lights
Best Waffle Maker - FAQs
There is no single answer to this question as different people have different preferences. However, some of the better-known and more highly rated waffle makers include the Breville Smart Waffle Maker, the Chef’s Choice Pro Express Waffle Maker, the Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker, and the Krups Belgian Waffle Maker.
The best way to choose a waffle maker is to think about what kind of waffles you want to make. If you want thick and fluffy waffles, then a traditional waffle maker with deep pockets is a good option. If you prefer thin and crispy waffles, then a Belgian waffle maker is a better choice.
Cleaning your waffle maker is important to keep it in good working condition and to prevent the build-up of harmful bacteria. The best way to clean your waffle maker is to wipe it down with a damp cloth after each use. If you notice any build-up of batter or oil, then you can also give it a more thorough cleaning with a mild soap and warm water.
Here are a few tips for making perfect waffles:
- Make sure that your waffle maker is preheated before adding the batter. This will help to ensure that the waffles are evenly cooked.
- Do not overfill the waffle maker – filling it too full will result in uneven cooking and will not give you the desired results.
- Use a light coating of oil or cooking spray on the grids of your waffle maker to help prevent sticking.
- Be patient – allow the waffles to cook for the recommended time, even if they’re not done yet. If you try to remove them before they are done, they may be ruined.
- Serve the waffles while they’re still warm so that they taste their best.
Some common mistakes people make when making waffles include:
- Not preheating the waffle maker – this will result in uneven cooking.
- Overfilling the waffle maker – this will also result in uneven cooking and can make it difficult to remove the waffles from the maker.
- Not using a non-stick spray or oil on the grids of the waffle maker – this can cause the batter to stick and be difficult to remove.
- Trying to remove the waffles before they are done cooking – this can cause them to fall apart and be ruined.
- Not serving the waffles immediately after they’re cooked – they will cool down and won’t taste as good.
Some of the benefits of using a waffle maker include:
- Waffles are a great way to start your day – they are filling, nutritious, and taste great.
- They’re also a great snack or dessert option.
- Waffle makers are versatile – you can make sweet or savory waffles depending on your preferences.
- They’re easy to use – most waffle makers have simple controls and are extremely easy to operate.
- They’re affordable – compared to other kitchen appliances, waffle makers are relatively inexpensive.
- They’re easy to clean – most waffle makers can be cleaned quickly and easily with just a few simple steps.
Some of the features you may want to look for in a waffle maker include:
- Adjustable temperature control: This allows you to make your waffles as light or dark as you like them.
- Non-stick cooking plates: This will prevent your waffles from sticking to the iron, making them easier to remove and preventing them from being overcooked or burnt.
- Indicator lights: These let you know when the waffle iron is preheated and when your waffles are ready.
- Floating hinge: This feature allows the top and bottom plates of the waffle iron to adjust themselves, so that they are always level, no matter how thick your batter is. This prevents waffles from being uneven or overcooked.
Some of the best brands of waffle makers include Cuisinart, Oster, and Black+Decker. These brands make high-quality appliances that will last you for many years.
There are a ton of great recipes for waffles out there. Some of our favorites include:
- Classic Buttermilk Waffles: These are your standard waffles that are perfect for any toppings you like.
- Chocolate Chip Waffles: These waffles are perfect for those who have a sweet tooth. The chocolate chips add a delicious touch to these otherwise simple waffles.
- Strawberry Waffles: These are perfect for spring and summertime. The fresh strawberries add a great sweetness to these waffles.
- Pumpkin Waffles: These are perfect for fall and winter. The pumpkin puree and spices give these waffles a delicious flavor that is perfect for the colder months.
- Coconut Waffles: These waffles are perfect for those who love coconut. The shredded coconut gives these waffles a great texture and flavor.
Most waffle makers come with a storage case or stand to keep them in when they are not in use. If your waffle maker does not come with a storage case, you can store it in a cupboard or on a shelf. Just make sure that it is out of the way so that it does not get accidentally bumped and damaged.
After testing and researching the best waffle makers on the market, we have determined that the Cuisinart Vertical Waffle Maker is the best overall. It’s well-built and can make consistently great-tasting waffles, whether you like them thin and crispy or thick and fluffy.
If you are looking for a more budget-friendly option, we recommend the Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of our top pick, but it still makes delicious waffles at a fraction of the price.
No matter which waffle maker you choose, we hope our buying guide has helped you narrow down your options and find the perfect one for your needs. Happy waffling!
Best thin waffle maker to buy
Best Ceramic Waffle Maker: A Comprehensive Guide
Some Awesome Ideas For What To Do With Your Lego Waffle Maker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.