Category: Main Dishes
Serves 4; Prep time: 10 minutes; Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (8 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon butter substitute, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub evenly under chicken skin. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; roast skin side up until skin is golden brown and meat is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining tablespoon butter or substitute in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add sage and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme; cook 1 minute. Add broth; simmer until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 10 to 15 minutes. Strain mixture; return to saucepan.
- Add cranberries and sugar substitute; boil until berries burst, 5 to 8 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture; return to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat (sauce will thicken as it stands). Season with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon sauce over chicken.
Per serving: 379 calories; 15.4 grams fat; 38.2 grams protein; 20.5 grams carbohydrates; 1.7 grams fiber
Note: Hidden flavor: Rubbing seasoned butter under the skin keeps chicken moist and infuses it with flavor, even if you remove the skin later.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.