This sounds like a “different” cake that you are skeptical about but wait until you try it. It is moist and delicious and melts in your mouth.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract Shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 11×7 inch pan with shortening.
- Sift together the sugar, baking powder, flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Add the mayonnaise, cold water, and vanilla.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
- Frost if desired.
Cooking Tip – Recipe Tip
Don’t try to save calories and changing to light mayonnaise. It doesn’t turn out well. Scrimp on calories somewhere else because this recipe is to die for.
Cooking Tip – Frosting Tip
The taste and texture of this cake is wonderful but you don’t want to overpower the subtleness of it by using a thick frosting. Frostings made from powdered sugar and water with a little vanilla work much better and are much more simple to throw together
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.