This recipe is a wonderful carrot cake recipe. It reminds me of the one that my mother and grandmother used to make me for my birthday. I hope you love it as well.
- 1 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Raisins
- Stir together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugars in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, and then the citrus peels and juices.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Beat the flour mixture into the carrot mixture.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Turn the batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees) for about 90 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Cooking Tip – Cake Pans
Round aluminum pans with straight sides and a dull finish make cakes easier to frost and more professional looking.
Cooking Tip – Large Fresh Eggs
Large, fresh eggs are vital to richness and flavor when baking cakes. Eggs are also critical to structure and leavening
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.