- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready in: 50 min
Enjoy your chickpeas differently by roasting them up. Other essential ingredients are spices or fresh herbs, which can produce a distinctive yet delicious taste to your chickpeas. If you have never tried this recipe before, then now is the right time to follow the instructions below.
How to make Oven Roasted Crispy Chickpeas
You only need less than an hour or about 50 minutes to cook these crispy chickpeas. By roasting the chickpeas, you can serve a crispy, savory, and salty snack for your family, especially for your beloved kids. Let’s follow the recipe below to make some in your kitchen.
- Two cans of chickpeas
- 30 gr of olive oil
- Ten until 20 gr of spices or chopped fresh herbs, like chili and curry powder, garam masala, cumin, rosemary, thyme, smoked paprika or other favorite spices and herbs
- Prepare an oven and turn the heat on up to 400 Fahrenheit-degree or 200 celsius-degree. Then you can prepare the chickpeas. Simply take a strainer and pour two cans of chickpeas in it. Then, rinse the water of the chickpeas in a sink with the strainer.
- If there is still water remains in the chickpeas, then you need to use a clean dishtowel or paper towel to drain the water. These chickpeas need to be dry to the touch and look matte. After this, you can leave them in dry air for a while. Besides, you also have to remove the peas skins to get better chickpeas.
- In the baking sheet, put the chickpeas evenly. Also don’t, forget to add olive oil and salt as the seasoning. Next, you have to make sure that the chickpeas are completely covered with the olive oil and salt. Thus, you need to stir and mix these ingredients with hands or spatula until completely combined.
- Put the baking sheet of chickpeas in the oven and roast for around 20 until 30 minutes. Don’t forget to stir the chickpeas for every 10 minutes. Here, the chickpeas may pop up normally. You can take the baking sheet out of the oven after the color turns golden brown with a crispy texture and soft inside.
- In serving these over roasted crispy chickpeas, you have to serve this food while it is warm since the crisp will turn to be chewy if they are getting cool. Here, you need to stir and mix the mixture until they are well combined.
Those are the steps that you can copy at home to cook over roasted crispy chickpeas. Also, you need to remember that the spices should be added after the chickpeas are well cooked so that the spices won’t get bitter.
Best Baking Sheet On The Market Today
Best Baking Sheet For Roasting Vegetables
Best Non Stick Baking Sheets For Your Kitchen
Best Rimmed Baking Sheet For Every Kitchen
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.