Prep time: 35 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons heat-stable granular sugar substitute or 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened peach slices, peeled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries and/or blueberries
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt, plain
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- Ground ginger or ground cinnamon (optional)
- For topping, in a medium bowl stir together whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, ginger or cinnamon, and kosher salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large saucepan stir together the water and cornstarch until combined. Stir in sugar substitute or honey. Add peach slices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in raspberries and/or blueberries. Cook, stirring gently, until bubbly. Cover and keep hot while finishing topping.
- To finish topping, in a small bowl stir together yogurt and egg. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Divide filling among 8 6-ounce custard cups or 4 10- to 12-ounce casseroles.* Drop the topping from a spoon onto the hot filling. Drop 1 mound into each custard cup or 2 mounds into each casserole. Place custard cups or casseroles on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean. Cool slightly. If desired, sprinkle with additional ginger or cinnamon. Serve warm.
*Note: To make one large cobbler, transfer hot filling to a 2-quart square baking dish. Drop topping from a spoon into 8 mounds on top of hot filling. Bake in a 400 F oven about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.