Roasting root vegetables with olive oil and a few herbs makes a great side dish. These are the vegetables I like to use but you can add beets, turnips, and rutabagas if you enjoy the taste of them. These are great with any meat. The left over potatoes, carrots, and parsnips gives my Chicken Vegetable Soup a great flavor.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 3 parsnips
- 5 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- dried rosemary
- dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel all vegetables and cut in large chunks. The sweet potatoes and potatoes cook fastest so they should be larger than the carrot and parsnip chunks.
- Put them in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle them with about half a teaspoon of the dried herbs and sprinkle them with a little salt.
- With your hands, mix them up so the herbs are equally distributed. Spread out on a large cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Put into the preheated oven and bake.
- Bake for 40 minutes and start testing for doneness by poking them with a fork. When they are done, the fork will slide into the vegetable easily.
- Serve with your choice of meat.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.