Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 750g plain sifted flour
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 15g lard
- 30g (1oz) fresh yeast
- 1 level tbsp soft brown sugar
- 300ml water
- 150ml tepid milk
- Pinch of all-spice
- 1 beaten egg
- Sift salt into flour. Cream fresh yeast and sugar in a basin until liquid.
- Mix milk and water. Stir liquid into yeast mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of flour, pour yeast mixture. Sprinkle some the flour over yeast from edges of basin until yeast bubbles form.
- Mix well. Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead till elastic and soft.
- Return to bowl and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Knead again on floured board.
- Divide dough into twelve pieces, shaping them into croissants. Place them on lightly greased baking sheets to rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush croissants with beaten egg yolk and bake in hot oven of 165°C till golden.
- Brush lightly with some butter after taking out from oven. Serve croissants fresh.
Should You Buy The Baking Sheet With Rack
Should You Buy Ceramic Baking Sheet
How To Choose The Best Baking Sheet Organizer For Your Home
Best Stainless Steel Baking Sheet On The Market
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.