This is now officially my favorite dessert. Everybody at my house loves this dish, even the dog. The smell of these Creme Brulees made my dog drool (without noticing, ha ha!), which was the first time I’ve seen him do that in 8 years!
I wish we could have snapped a photo, but we were both too interested in eating these delicious desserts.
This Creme Brulee tastes creamy and has lots of vanilla flavor; the coconut doesn’t come through in the finished dish. This is a recipe to make ahead of time or the day before because the coconut custards have to chill in the refrigerator after baking. I like to make them the day before serving.
- 5 oz. Full-fat Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Water
- 5 tablespoons Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Egg
- Replacer Powder (I used Ener-G)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Organic Cornstarch
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean Caviar (scraped from the inside of half a Vanilla Bean)
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
- A Pinch of Salt
- Extra Cane Sugar (for the tops)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree for at least 30 seconds, ensuring no powdery chunks in the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and simmer.
- Whisk the mixture continually until it thickens without becoming chunky (10 – 15 minutes).
- Test this by seeing if a thick layer will stick to a spoon or finger. It must reach a hot enough temperature, or it will not be set correctly.
- Prepare a baking dish, along with either 4 2-oz. ramekins or 2 4-oz. ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in the casserole dish and fill it with water until it is halfway up the ramekins.
- Carefully pour the creme mixture into each ramekin, and transfer the dish to the oven, ensuring not to splash the water.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your chosen dish size. 4-oz. ramekins will take a longer baking time. To tell if they are done baking, bump the baking dish lightly to see how much they jiggle. They should be a little jiggly, like jello.
- Remove the baking dish and let cool.
- Once the ramekins are cool enough to touch, place them on a cooling rack and into the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.