“Great-tasting whole wheat muffins with walnuts and a little spice. Also reduced in fat, especially if one uses skim milk.”
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- COOK TIME 20 Min
- READY IN 30 Min
- Original recipe yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the unbleached and whole wheat flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, milk, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended. Fold in the walnuts. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in the muffin pan on a wire rack.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.