Black sesame ice cream is a unique and delicious flavor that has gained popularity in recent years. It has a nutty and earthy flavor that is perfect for anyone looking for something different from the usual vanilla or chocolate flavors.
Making black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker is a simple and easy process that can be done at home. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can enjoy this tasty treat in no time.
Why should you make black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker?
Making black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker has several advantages:
- Freshness: By making your own ice cream, you can ensure that the ingredients are fresh and of high quality.
- Customization: Making ice cream at home allows you to customize the flavors and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Texture: Using an ice cream maker results in a smooth and creamy texture that is hard to achieve with other methods.
- Cost-effective: Making your own ice cream is often more cost-effective than buying it from a store.
- Creativity: Making ice cream at home is a fun and creative activity that allows you to experiment with different flavors and toppings.
By making black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker, you can enjoy all these benefits while also enjoying a unique and delicious flavor that is sure to impress your family and friends.
How to make black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker
Here is a simple recipe for making black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toast the black sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to burn them. Transfer the seeds to a blender or food processor and blend until finely ground.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and sugar. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and salt until light and frothy. Gradually pour in about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture while whisking constantly. This will temper the eggs and prevent them from curdling.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Stir in the ground black sesame seeds and mix well.
- Place the bowl in an ice bath and stir the mixture until it has cooled completely.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the mixture is chilled, pour it into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm.
Your black sesame ice cream is now ready to enjoy!
Tips for making black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker
Here are some tips for making black sesame ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- Use high-quality black sesame seeds: It’s important to use fresh, high-quality black sesame seeds for the best flavor and texture. Toast the sesame seeds just before using them to ensure maximum flavor.
- Grind the sesame seeds finely: Use a blender or food processor to grind the sesame seeds as finely as possible. This will help the flavor to be evenly distributed throughout the ice cream.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly: Make sure the mixture is completely chilled before churning in the ice cream maker. This will help it freeze evenly and prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Don’t overfill the ice cream maker: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and don’t overfill the ice cream maker. Overfilling can prevent the mixture from churning properly and result in an uneven texture.
- Add mix-ins after churning: If you’re adding any mix-ins like chocolate chips or fruit, it’s best to add them after the ice cream has been churned. This will help them distribute evenly and prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the container.
Secret Home Made Ice Cream Recipes
Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
How to make Peaches ice cream in ice cream maker
Winter white chocolate cherry ice cream maker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.