Have you ever wondered if there was a healthful alternative to the sugar and preservative filled ice cream you buy in the supermarkets?
If you have, or if you would truly like to try homemade ice cream, then this is for you. I have a recipe for homemade vanilla ice cream, that will knock your socks off when you taste it. You’ll think you died and went to ice cream heaven. 🙂
Since these vanilla ice cream recipes are made out of entirely healthy ingredients, you’ll be conquering your cravings without packing on pounds. So now you won’t have to feel guilty when you dip into that delicious homemade ice cream.
The first thing you need to know is how to make your own 100% healthy and natural vanilla extract for your vanilla ice cream. Vanilla extract is a basic ingredient in almost any homemade ice cream, so be sure to keep some on hand for whenever you want to make ice cream.
You might buy the vanilla extract from a good quality store if you can find a brand with no preservatives or other harmful additives included.
But to make your own you’ll need these ingredients:
- 1 quart of milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Pour the milk in a saucepan and heat on high while you slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and in half.
- Then put the halves of the vanilla bean into the milk. Boil for around 15 to 20 minutes, and cook on medium heat for a half hour or until the milk has a thin sheet of film on top.
- Stir the mixture constantly as it cooks to prevent burning. Cool the extract and freeze in several small plastic bottles or containers.
This extract will last you for quite awhile since recipes call for only a few teaspoons each. You should (if you plan to make the carob ice cream anytime soon) save a half cup of the extract in a container in your refrigerator.
Whenever you want to make more carob ice cream (or any other kind of homemade ice cream) just get the vanilla extract out of the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator until a few tablespoons or so are thawed, then refreeze the rest of the vanilla extract before it completely thaws out.
Now I’ll give you my recipe for homemade vanilla ice cream, follow the instructions carefully and you’ll get wonderful results.
Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 eggs, with the egg whites and yolks seperated
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium size bowl beat the yolks until smooth. Gradually add honey, beating until well-blended and thick. In a different small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff, stir beaten whites in with the yolk and honey.
- Then add the cream and egg mixture together in a saucepan, cook on medium heat, stirring constantly for 15 minutes.
Stir in vanilla extract, and either process in an ice cream maker or just freeze in a bucket container overnight, stirring the vanilla ice cream every few hours at first and then allowing the vanilla ice cream to freeze on its own.
Serve with an ice cream scoop. This home made ice cream recipe is rich, creamy, natural, and very healthy. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
Best Soft Serve Ice Cream Makers For The Perfect Frozen Treat
Best Commercial Ice Cream Maker: A Comprehensive Guide
Best Ice Cream Maker For Every Budget: Reviews And Comparisons
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.