Category: Low Carb
- 3 cups water
- 12 cups torn kale (about 1 bunch)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 (1.5 ounce) slices low carb country or peasant bread, toasted
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add kale.
- Cook 6 minutes or until tender; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and oregano; saute 5 minutes. Add tomato, salt, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in kale, reserved liquid, and beans; cook 3 minutes.
- Rub garlic halves on 1 side of each toast slice.
- Place toast slices, garlic sides up, on 4 plates; sprinkle each slice with 2 tablespoons cheese. Top each with 1 cup bean mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.