Cupcake variations simply abound and each one has different ingredients to boast. But have you ever tried a peppermint chocolate cake? You simply missed something good and special if you have not. For your information, peppermint is an excellent pair for chocolate and of course, for all holidays.
Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes with Coffee Cheese Cream and Sugar are an excellent treat that you can bring to a holiday party, corporate gathering or just a simple family celebration. With all the abounding flavors that you can make, you just can’t find the words to say that these cupcakes are simply heaven-sent to any occasion.
Okay, would you mind to raise your hand if chocolate and coffee combination is something you love? I do raise both my hands to this and if you do the same then we are practically settled. Don’t you know that chocolate and coffee make a perfect pair since bread and butter? Adding peppermint to chocolate-coffee mix is just a way to kick up this recipe a million time or more. I’m serious about this. You can ask those peppermint-patty-people and see for yourself how great their candies are done.
And don’t you know that Coffee + Chocolate + Peppermint is equal to Christmas in a Cupcake?
During my younger years, I always enjoyed the Christmas seasons with all the abounding treats made by my mom. I simply loved watching her as she sliced different kinds of meat with her meat slicer and then cooking them using different kinds of meat recipes.
I also used to meddle with my mom’s food preparation activities. I was her assistant in the kitchen and I always love cooking various kinds of meat recipes in her pellet smoker. Sigh. Those were the days. Along with the different kinds of meat recipes I have learned from my mom, I also added something which I have recently discovered: Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes with Coffee Cheese Cream and Sugar as an additional treat for family and guests for Christmas.
Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes with Coffee Cheese Cream and Sugar
Sweet, delicious and mouth-watering cupcakes are what you can end up with when you combine chocolate cake mixes with cream cheese and peppermint frosting. You may also want to top your cupcakes with crushed candies, turning them into perfect desserts that will help you feel the Christmas spirit.
For the Cake
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar, white
- 1 cup light cream
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup strong coffee
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting
- 3 cups confectionery sugar
- 8 ounces or 2 packs softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Toppings
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
For the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt)
- Add all wet ingredients (vanilla extract, peppermint extract, cream oil, eggs)
- Stir in coffee in a slow manner until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter evenly into lubricated or greased cupcake tins.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick out comes out clean when the cake is pricked with it.
- Set aside and allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Mix together butter, vanilla extract and cream cheese.
- In a gradual manner, slowly add the confectionery sugar. Add a little sugar at a time until all sugar is completely added and mixed.
- Keep refrigerated until it is ready to use.
- Frost cupcakes depending on your preferred design.
- Top each cake with peppermint candies.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time Used: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
Christmas is definitely in the air and these days, you might find yourself busy planning for what you will have to serve for a hearty celebration. With this cupcake recipe, you’ll be very happy to know that peppermint actually morphs quickly into the cake and this will surely change your life, brightening and cheering up your Christmas along the way.
Best Non Stick Baking Sheets For Your Kitchen
Best Rimmed Baking Sheet For Every Kitchen
Best Toaster Oven For Baking
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.