Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream is a delicious and refreshing dessert that combines the bright, citrusy flavor of lemon with the fresh, herbaceous taste of basil. This ice cream is then elevated with the addition of a crunchy cookie crumble, providing a satisfying textural contrast to the smooth and creamy base.
Making this ice cream in an ice cream maker allows for a perfectly creamy and consistent texture, ensuring a delightful dessert experience. This unique flavor combination is sure to impress your family and friends and become a new favorite summer treat!
Why should you make Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream in ice cream maker?
Making Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream in an ice cream maker is a great idea for several reasons:
- Perfect texture: An ice cream maker ensures that the ice cream is churned to the perfect texture, making it smooth, creamy and luxurious.
- Customizable: Making ice cream at home allows for the customization of flavors and mix-ins. You can experiment with different herbs, citrus fruits, and types of cookies to create a unique and delicious dessert.
- Fresh and natural ingredients: Making ice cream at home ensures that you can use fresh and natural ingredients, avoiding artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
- Fun activity: Making ice cream can be a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy. It’s a great way to spend time together and enjoy a sweet treat at the end of it.
- Impress guests: Serving homemade ice cream is always impressive, especially when it’s a unique flavor like Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch. Your guests will be wowed by your culinary skills and creativity!
How to make Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream in ice cream maker
Here is a recipe for making Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream in an ice cream maker:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cookie crumbles (shortbread or vanilla cookies work well)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and basil leaves. Heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and let steep for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and egg yolks until light and frothy. Slowly pour in the hot cream mixture, whisking constantly, until fully combined.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely cold.
- Once chilled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the last 5 minutes of churning, add in the cookie crumbles and continue churning until fully combined.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm (at least 4 hours or overnight).
Enjoy your homemade Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream!
Tips for making Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream in ice cream maker
Here are some tips for making Lemon Basil Cookie Crunch Ice Cream in an ice cream maker:
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. This is particularly important for the basil and lemon juice, which are key components of the recipe.
- Steep the basil in the cream mixture for the full 20 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse. Don’t skip this step!
- Be patient when heating the custard mixture on the stove. It’s important to stir constantly and not let it boil, as this can cause the mixture to curdle. It’s also important to cook it until it’s thickened and coats the back of a spoon, as this will give you the right texture for the ice cream.
- Chill the custard mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator before churning. This will help it freeze more evenly and result in a smoother, creamier texture.
- Add the cookie crumbles in the last 5 minutes of churning to avoid over-mixing them into the ice cream. This will ensure that you get a nice crunch in every bite.
- Freeze the ice cream until it’s firm, but not too hard. If it’s too hard, it will be difficult to scoop and may have a grainy texture. If it’s too soft, it may melt too quickly and lose its shape.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.