Oreo cookie ice cream is a classic dessert that combines the rich and creamy taste of ice cream with the crunchy and chocolatey goodness of Oreo cookies. Making Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker is a fun and easy way to enjoy this delicious treat at home.
By adding your own personal touches and experimenting with different variations, you can create a dessert that is uniquely your own.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy on a hot summer day or a fun dessert to share with friends and family, Oreo cookie ice cream made in an ice cream maker is sure to be a hit.
Why should you make Oreo cookie ice cream in ice cream maker?
There are several reasons why you might want to make Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- Freshness: Making your own Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker allows you to use fresh ingredients, which can make a big difference in the taste and quality of the final product.
- Customization: When you make Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker, you can customize the recipe to suit your preferences. You can adjust the sweetness, add more or fewer Oreos, or even experiment with different types of cookies.
- Fun: Making Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker can be a fun activity to do with family and friends. It’s a great way to bond over a shared love of desserts and can be a fun way to spend an afternoon or evening.
- Cost-effective: Making your own Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker can be a more cost-effective option than buying pre-made ice cream from a store. You can also make larger batches, which can save you money in the long run.
Overall, making Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience that allows you to create a delicious dessert that is uniquely your own.
How to make Oreo cookie ice cream in ice cream maker
Here is a simple recipe for making Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 15-20 Oreo cookies, crushed into small pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in the crushed Oreos, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until the mixture is completely chilled.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the ice cream has reached a soft serve consistency, transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for an additional 2-3 hours or until it is firm.
- Serve the Oreo cookie ice cream with additional crushed Oreos sprinkled on top, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Oreo cookie ice cream made in an ice cream maker! You can also experiment with different variations, such as adding chocolate chips, drizzling caramel or chocolate sauce on top, or even using different types of cookies.
Tips for making Oreo cookie ice cream in ice cream maker
Here are some tips to help you make the best Oreo cookie ice cream in an ice cream maker:
- Crush the Oreos into small pieces: To ensure that the Oreos are evenly distributed throughout the ice cream, it’s important to crush them into small pieces. You can use a food processor, a rolling pin, or simply place the Oreos in a plastic bag and crush them with a heavy object.
- Chill the mixture before churning: It’s important to chill the ice cream mixture for at least an hour before churning to ensure that it freezes properly in the ice cream maker. This will also help to prevent any ice crystals from forming, which can make the ice cream gritty.
- Don’t overfill the ice cream maker: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and don’t overfill the ice cream maker. The mixture will expand as it freezes, so leave some room for it to expand.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Using high-quality ingredients, such as fresh cream and milk, can make a big difference in the taste and quality of the ice cream.
- Store the ice cream properly: Once the ice cream is finished churning, transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for an additional 2-3 hours or until it is firm. Be sure to cover the container tightly to prevent freezer burn.
- Add mix-ins at the end: If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, such as chocolate chips or nuts, be sure to add them towards the end of the churning process. This will help to ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the ice cream.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.