- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 90 min
- Ready in: 105 min
Most people love lasagna, which is soft and cheesy. This pastitsio Greek lasagna is a must to try because it is a traditional Greek food which is rich of authentic and delightful sensation. With the easy recipes below you can have your lasagna soon and now get yourself prepared.
How to serve Pastitsio Greek Lasagna
There are two kinds of ingredients needed in cooking this meal. First is the béchamel sauce and the second is the main dish. You also need to make the meat layer and the pasta layer to set into your lasagna. Follow the steps carefully:
For Bechamel Sauce:
- A bowl of unsalted butter
- Three tablespoons of flour
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 liter of warm or hot whole milk
For the Main dish:
- 2 cups of ziti pasta
- 32 ounces of ground beef
- Three large beaten eggs
- 2 cups of grated salty white cheese
- a small cup of unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons tomato paste or sauce
- Two medium chopped onions
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 100 ml water
- salt and pepper
- To make the bechamel sauce: Put the butter in a medium heat saucepan. Pour the flour and the milk. Stir and cook the sauce until thickened.
- Add the salt then turn off the stove and wait for a while. After that whisk in the eggs and set aside.
- To make the meat layer: Melt down the butter in a large skillet.
- Add and cook the onions and the beef on it.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Add water and tomato paste, then boil for 5 minutes.
- To make the pasta layer: You can use ziti, pasta or macaroni and cook them well.
- Then, rinse it with cool water. Mix with beaten eggs and salt.
- Prepare a large baking dish and heat it up to 350 degrees F.
- To set the lasagna: Pour half part of the pasta into the bottom of your casserole dish and add some grated cheese on top of it.
- Put on the meat layer and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Cover it up with the other pasta layer and top the sauce and cheese.
- Bake it for 45 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. You can give a few moments rest before serving. If you want to eat it later, you can keep it in the fridge and warm it up before you eat.
Have an easy and creamy taste of pastitsio Greek lasagna that you can cook in your kitchen. The simple steps above will guide you to create a special yet lovely dish to serve.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.