Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles are a delicious and seasonal twist on classic waffles that are perfect for fall and winter mornings.
The combination of pumpkin puree and warm spices like ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg give these waffles a cozy and comforting flavor, while the addition of molasses adds a rich depth of flavor and a slightly sweet taste.
These waffles are perfect for serving with your favorite breakfast toppings like maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh berries. They are also a great way to use up leftover pumpkin puree from other holiday recipes.
Why should you use a waffle maker for Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle?
Using a waffle maker is important for making Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles because it allows the batter to cook evenly and creates the characteristic waffle shape and texture.
The batter for these waffles is thicker than regular waffle batter and contains ingredients like pumpkin puree and molasses that can make it stickier and more difficult to cook evenly on a stovetop griddle.
A waffle maker provides a consistent, high heat source that cooks the batter all the way through to create a crispy exterior and a soft, fluffy interior. It also creates the signature grid pattern on the waffles, which not only adds visual appeal but also helps to trap the syrup and toppings between the ridges, enhancing the flavor and texture of the waffle.
Overall, using a waffle maker is the best way to achieve perfectly cooked, delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles that are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and bursting with warm, cozy flavors.
How to make Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle in a waffle maker
Here is a recipe for making Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles in a waffle maker:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- Whipped cream and maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, applesauce, vegetable oil, and molasses.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the preheated waffle maker, using the amount recommended by the manufacturer. Cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the waffles from the waffle maker and serve immediately with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles!
Tips for making Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle in a waffle maker
Here are some tips to help you make perfect Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles using a waffle maker:
- Use a good quality waffle maker: Invest in a good quality waffle maker with a non-stick surface to prevent the batter from sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Preheat the waffle maker: Preheat your waffle maker for at least 5 minutes before using it to ensure that it’s hot enough to cook the waffles properly.
- Use the right amount of batter: Use the recommended amount of batter for your waffle maker. Overfilling the waffle maker can cause the batter to overflow and stick to the sides.
- Let the batter rest: Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes after mixing to allow the ingredients to fully incorporate and activate the baking powder and baking soda.
- Don’t open the waffle maker too soon: Resist the temptation to open the waffle maker too soon, as this can cause the waffles to tear apart or stick to the surface. Wait until the waffles are fully cooked before opening the waffle maker.
- Keep the waffles warm: Keep the finished waffles warm in a preheated oven while you finish cooking the rest of the batter. This will prevent them from getting cold and becoming soggy.
- Experiment with toppings: Top your Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles with whipped cream, maple syrup, chopped nuts, or fresh berries to add extra flavor and texture.
By following these tips, you can create delicious and perfectly cooked Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles in your waffle maker every time.
How to make egg waffle maker
Cinnamon rolls in waffle maker
Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.