This is a very easy recipe for rhubarb upside down cake. The rhubarb is tart but mixed with the sugar, marshmallows and cake mix it creates the perfect balance between sweet and tart.
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- 6 Cups Rhubarb, chopped
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Cups Miniature Marshmallows Shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan with shortening.
- Place the chopped rhubarb on the bottom of the greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the rhubarb.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over rhubarb and sugar.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the package.
- Pour the batter over the rhubarb and marshmallows in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto serving dish so that rhubarb is on top.
Cooking Tip – Recipe Suggestions
If you’d like to kick up the sweetness in this recipe a notch, then use pineapple cake in place of the yellow cake. It gives it just something extra that pairs so nicely with the sweet and tangy rhubarb.
Cooking Tip – Rhubarb Suggestion
Rhubarb is one of those fruits that are most times never thought about. Try finding recipes that call for rhubarb and experiment. It has a flavor like none other and it might be a welcome fruit in your home from now on.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.