The rising prices on beef have been making it harder and harder for us cooks to properly feed our families (or ourselves) the protein we need for optimal health.
Though with most people the taste of beef is probably preferable to turkey meat, turkey is much much cheaper. And if you know the right recipes, you’ll grow to love turkey meat.
Maybe not as much as you may love beef, but it can be a close second.
For any recipes you have that require ground beef you can simply replace the amount of beef needed with the same amount of ground turkey. The recipes will taste different, but in a good way.
Even if you can afford beef, you may want to try cooking with turkey meat, sometimes, for a change of pace. For starters try out this turkey meatloaf (which is a FAVORITE in my family).
Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground turkey meat
- 2 cups (about 4 slices) fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized bowl mix all of the above ingredients.
- Use your hands to mix the meat and other ingredients thoroughly, but be sure to wash your hands with soap afterwards.
- Spoon the meat mixture into a 9″ by 5″ loaf pan (the same kind you use to bake bread.)
- Use the spoon to level the top of your meatloaf. Then put the meatloaf in the oven and bake for about 80 minutes or an hour and 20 minutes.
- After removing the meatloaf from the oven, let it stand for 5 minutes at room temperature to cool, and then pour out and discard all fat drippings.
Cooking Tip: Don’t try to slice or remove the meatloaf from the pan right away. Instead allow it to cool first so the meatloaf slices won’t crumble.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.