- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry-flavored brandy
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly-packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Plump the dried cherries by soaking them in boiling water to cover for a couple of minutes.
- Drain well and toss with cherry brandy. Let the cherries sit in the brandy for a couple of hours, or even overnight for the best flavor, then drain before using.
- Cream the butter with both sugars. Blend in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Fold in the salt, baking soda and flour. Fold in the cherries, white and dark chocolate and, if using, the macadamia nuts. Batter should be soft.
- Drop in generous tablespoons onto the baking sheets, leaving space between dollops of batter.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on racks. (Makes about 2 1/2 dozen).
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.