This is a very old recipe for Ancient Roman Cheesecake. It is delicious but very different from the cheesecakes served now. It can be served warm or cold.
- 15 Bay Leaves
- 3 Eggs
- 8 Ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour some water into a small, oven proof bowl, and place it into the oven.
- Arrange the bay leaves over the bottom of the springform pan to cover.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Mix in the ricotta cheese, honey, orange zest, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the flour, and stir until smooth and combined.
- Gently pour the batter over the bay leaves, being careful not to disturb them too much.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned which takes approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Run the tip of a paring knife around the edges of the pan, and release from the springform pan.
- Flip it over carefully onto a serving plate.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Cooking Tip Serving Suggestion
Though this dish is a perfect stand alone dish, if you’d like to serve it with fresh berries or chocolate syrup, or both (what the heck!).
Cooking Tip Kitchen Essentials
If you don’t have a springform, invest in one. It can be used for a variety of things besides cheesecake. I like to line the bottom and up over the sides with tin foil. Then I spray it generously with Pam cooking spray. I then put in the ingredients that I have mixed all together for my frittata in and am ready to bake. Bake until the frittata in the center when you poke it with a knife comes clean.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.