- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 2 Tbs golden syrup
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil cookie sheets. Mix dry ingredients.
- Melt butter and syrup in medium to large saucepan.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and add to butter mix.
- Careful -it will bubble vigorously. Add butter mix to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Use small scoop to form cookies and place apart on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork or the palm of your hand.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t let them get too brown.
- Cool them on the cookie sheets for a few minutes, then finish cooling them on a rack. If they cool totally on the cookie sheets they go really hard.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.