Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Sautéed apple, cranberry, cinnamon and sugar are layered in prepared pie plate and topped with batter prepared from eggs, all-purpose flour, and milk.
Pancake is baked in hot oven until puffy and golden brown. Individual servings topped with dusting of confectioners’ sugar.
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
2 to 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 medium-size Granny Smith Apples, sliced (or
- 1 Red Rome and 1 Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup chopped Fresh Cranberries
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add the milk gradually, constantly whisking to make the batter smooth.
- Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- Add the apples, cranberries, cinnamon and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the apples are tender, which takes about 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Fill the pie plate with the apple/cranberry mixture and top with the flour mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pancakes are puffy and golden.
- Top each pancake with a sprinkle of lemon juice, if desired.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve.
Pancake Making Tips – Keep Pancakes Warm
- To keep pancakes warm, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and place them in a 200 degree oven.
- Do not cover or stack the pancakes, as the steam emitting from the hot cakes will create condensation and create a soggy, undesirable mess.
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Savory Korean Shrimp Pancake
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.