Milk and water combined in mixing bowl. Whole wheat flour, yellow stone-ground cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt are combined in separate bowl. Dry mix combined with wet ingredients. Blueberries folded into batter. Pancakes prepared on preheated griddle.
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Yellow Stone-Ground Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Turn the oven to 200 degrees and preheat.
- Combine the milk and water in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Fold in the berries.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly spray a griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until the bottom is golden brown and the top forms small bubbles.
- Transfer the pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Serve with favorite syrup.
Pancake Making Tips – Blueberry Pancakes
- Too make blueberry pancakes, add the blueberries to the batter and stir thoroughly to allow the color to bleed in and produce a blue cake.
- To avoid the blue tint, pour the batter onto the griddle or skillet and then add the blueberries.
- Blueberries can also be omitted from the batter and served on top of the cooked pancakes.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.