- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbs wheat germ
- 2 Tbs bran
- 2 Tbs lecithin granules
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil (preferably olive)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots soaked in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbs frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
You’ll find it hard to believe that anything that tastes so scrumptious can do so many wonderful things for you – lecithin for your arteries and your memory, wheat germ for that great vitamin E, fiber for good digestion, apricots for iron, nuts for magnesium. Invite your best pal and enjoy them with a nice cup of tea.
- Soak the apricots in boiling water or Lemon Soother tea for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F. To make the base, blend together in food processor, blender, or mixing bowl all the ingredients, from the flour to the vanilla.
- Press 3/4 cup of this mixture into an 8-inch-square pan lined with parchment paper or greased with a mixture of a few drops of liquid lecithin and oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown. To make the filling, combine the apricots with their soaking liquid and the apple juice concentrate in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Puree in food processor or blender, then add the chopped walnuts.
- Spread the apricot mixture over the cookie base and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture. Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.