As we know, most people like potatoes because they are easy to find and are pretty simple to cook. The easiest dish that people usually make is French fries. However, if you want to try a new kind of meal, you should try this Greek recipe that has authentic sensation with fresh and juicy lemon sauce. Thus, it can be a perfect menu for you to eat in the morning.
How to cook Authentic Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes
The ingredients and the process to serve an authentic Greek lemon roasted potatoes is quite simple. To make it more delicious and crispier, you can use Maris Piper potatoes which then you can immediately bake them in the oven. Now, look at the complete steps below:
- 5-7 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ small cup of lemons, juiced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, ground
- One small cup of olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper and salt
- One tablespoon of dried or chopped oregano
- 1-2 tablespoon of beef or chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon of semolina
- Turn on and heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius. Mix the cubed potatoes with olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Also, add other ingredients like ground garlic, black pepper, salt, and semolina. Then, put them into a roasting pan and bake them in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes or until the potatoes’ color and texture turn into a golden crust, get them out of the oven. Spread the dried oregano on top of the potatoes. Also, pour some beef or chicken stock into the roasting pan. Next, put them back in the oven at the same time as the first baking, around 30 until 40 minutes.
- If the liquid is drier, give some lemon juice or extra lemon onto the pan. It would be best if you did this before the potatoes were cooked or the colors turned brown. However, you can use hot water if you are out of lemon juice.
- Before serving this, you can sprinkle a pinch of fresh chopped oregano as the topping. Then, you can enjoy this special meal with crusted bread or roast meat, like chicken, pork, lamb, or even steak.
Such a simple and easy-to-remember recipe! You can cook this meal on a Sunday morning and have a friendly and tasty breakfast with your family. Make your weekend as unique as possible with authentic Greek lemon roasted potatoes.
Oven Roasted Crispy Chickpeas
Twice Baked Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.