Banana nut waffles are a delicious breakfast treat that combine the sweetness of bananas with the nuttiness of walnuts. They are perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or for a special occasion breakfast.
These waffles are easy to make with a waffle maker and can be customized with different toppings like whipped cream, maple syrup, or fresh berries. Whether you’re a fan of sweet or savory breakfasts, these waffles are sure to please your taste buds.
Why should you use an waffle maker for Banana Nut Waffles?
Using a waffle maker is the best way to make banana nut waffles for a few reasons:
- Even cooking: A waffle maker ensures even cooking of the waffle batter, resulting in evenly browned and crispy waffles.
- Quick cooking time: Waffle makers cook waffles much faster than using a traditional stovetop or oven, making it an efficient way to cook breakfast.
- Easy to use: Waffle makers are user-friendly and require minimal preparation, making them a great option for beginner cooks.
- Customizable: Waffle makers allow you to customize the size and shape of the waffles, giving you the freedom to make large or small waffles depending on your preference.
- Less mess: Waffle makers are easy to clean and require minimal clean-up, making them a convenient option for busy mornings.
Overall, using a waffle maker for banana nut waffles is the most efficient and effective way to make delicious waffles with minimal mess and hassle.
How to make Banana Nut Waffles in waffle maker
Here is a recipe for making banana nut waffles in a waffle maker:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, milk, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Grease the waffle maker with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Ladle the batter into the waffle maker and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3-5 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles warm with toppings of your choice, such as whipped cream, maple syrup, or fresh berries.
Enjoy your delicious homemade banana nut waffles!
Tips for making Banana Nut Waffles in waffle maker
Here are some tips for making perfect banana nut waffles in a waffle maker:
- Use ripe bananas: Make sure to use ripe bananas that are slightly browned for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can lead to tough waffles. Mix the batter until it is just combined.
- Use a non-stick waffle maker or grease it well: To prevent the waffles from sticking to the waffle maker, make sure to either use a non-stick waffle maker or grease it well with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Preheat the waffle maker: Preheat the waffle maker before pouring in the batter. This will ensure that the waffles cook evenly and have a crispy exterior.
- Use the right amount of batter: Use a ladle to portion out the batter into the waffle maker. Don’t overfill the waffle maker, as this can cause the batter to overflow.
- Let the waffles cool before removing them: Once the waffles are cooked, let them cool for a minute or two before removing them from the waffle maker. This will help them hold their shape and prevent them from breaking.
- Serve the waffles immediately: Serve the waffles immediately to enjoy them at their best. If you need to keep them warm, place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
How to make egg waffle maker
Cinnamon rolls in waffle maker
Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.