Bananas Foster waffles are a decadent and delicious breakfast or brunch dish that combines the classic flavors of bananas foster with crispy, fluffy waffles.
The dish typically features waffles topped with caramelized bananas and a buttery, rum-infused sauce. It’s a perfect way to indulge in something sweet and satisfying for a special occasion or weekend treat. Whether you’re a fan of bananas foster or just love waffles, this recipe is sure to please.
Why should you use an waffle maker for Bananas Foster Waffles?
Using a waffle maker for Bananas Foster Waffles allows you to create perfectly crispy and evenly cooked waffles with deep pockets to hold the toppings.
This is important because the bananas foster sauce and caramelized bananas are quite heavy and can quickly make a traditional pancake or waffle soggy. The pockets in the waffle help to keep the toppings in place and prevent them from sliding off.
Additionally, the texture and appearance of waffles just pairs perfectly with the rich, sweet flavors of bananas foster.
How to make Bananas Foster Waffles in waffle maker
Here is a recipe for Bananas Foster Waffles that you can make in a waffle maker:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Whipped cream and additional sliced bananas, for topping
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the preheated waffle maker and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- While the waffles are cooking, prepare the bananas foster topping. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together, stirring frequently.
- Add the sliced bananas and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring gently, until they are caramelized.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the rum, stirring until the alcohol has burned off and the sauce is smooth.
- Top the cooked waffles with the bananas foster sauce and whipped cream, and additional sliced bananas, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Bananas Foster Waffles!
Tips for making Bananas Foster Waffles in waffle maker
Here are some tips to keep in mind while making Bananas Foster Waffles in a waffle maker:
- Use a ripe banana: For the best flavor, use a ripe banana that is soft and sweet. The riper the banana, the sweeter it will be, and the better it will taste in the waffles.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together: Melt the butter and brown sugar together in a small saucepan before adding sliced bananas to the mixture. This will help to caramelize the bananas and create a delicious topping for the waffles.
- Pour the banana mixture over the waffles: Once the waffles are cooked, pour the banana mixture over the top of them, making sure to spread it evenly. This will ensure that each bite has a good amount of banana and caramel topping.
- Add whipped cream: For an extra indulgent touch, add a dollop of whipped cream on top of the bananas foster topping. This will add a creamy texture and a light sweetness to the dish.
- Serve immediately: Waffles are best when served hot off the waffle maker. Make sure to serve the Bananas Foster Waffles immediately to enjoy them at their best.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.