Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Ingredients: Makes 18
- 250g sifted enriched, unbleached, or whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 200g grated sharp yellow cheese
- 4 tbsp solid shortening, lard, margarine, or bacon grease
- 200ml milk
- Mix all dry ingredients, including cheese. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or two knives. Add milk and stir with a fork until well blended. Turn out onto a lightly floured board or waxed paper and knead lightly.
- Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with a floured biscuit cutter, and place on greased cookie sheet. Or add 1/4 cup more milk, mix well with dry ingredients, and drop by a spoonful onto a sheet or into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 190°C for 12 to 16 minutes.
Healthy Fluffy Biscuit Recipe
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
How to Reheat Biscuits: 3 Effective Ways to Reheat Biscuits at Home
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.