Do you think a great fluffy biscuit recipe is merely a dream? Do you think it’s impossible for you to bake your own fluffy homemade biscuits?
Well, you’ll be amazed to know that a fluffy biscuit recipe is right on this page along with proven tips for turning a dry biscuit recipe into a fluffy biscuit recipe.
First off, if you’re using the basic homemade biscuit recipe; flour, baking powder, oil, and milk. Then you should start by putting in 3/4 more milk than oil. The oil tends to make the biscuits drier, but the milk will make your homemade biscuit recipe, lighter.
For instance if your homemade biscuit recipe was 1/3 cup oil, and 2/3 cup milk, then you should change your biscuit recipe to 1/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup milk.
Also if you want a real light and fluffy biscuit recipe be sure you aren’t using a heavy coarse flour like rye, or whole wheat flour. These tend to “drag” the biscuits down and make them heavier.
Another good tip for a good fluffy biscuit recipe, is to add herbs to the biscuit dough before you bake them. Basil is an excellent herb to add, especially when you also add a few teaspoons of Parmesan cheese too.
Other herbs that make for good biscuit add-ins are fresh chives or green onions.
Here is a delicious fluffy biscuit recipe along these lines:
Basic Fluffy Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the pastry flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Then pour in the milk and oil. Stir until the flour mixes completely with the liquids.
- If your mix is still a bit doughy, sprinkle in a little bit more flour, and mix with a fork until you can handle the dough with your hands.
- Oil a pizza pan or a plain cookie sheet, then roll your dough out onto the oiled pan. Use a biscuit cutter (or just a household cup) to cut your dough out into as many biscuits as you need. Hint: The biscuits will be much fluffier if the dough isn’t rolled down really flat. Roll the dough out so that the top of the dough is a half an inch to an inch above the pan, before you cut the dough into biscuits.
- Slip the biscuits into the oven, and bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Butter and jam go well with this fluffy biscuit recipe, especially if you’re using the biscuits for breakfast.
Here is also a healthful fluffy biscuit recipe you might try:
Healthy Fluffy Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or yogurt that has been whipped with a fork
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a baking sheet and put aside. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, wheat germ, and baking powder. Next add the green onions and parsley.
- Using a butter knife, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is coarse looking. Use a mixing spoon to make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the honey, buttermilk / yogurt and oil. Stir until combined thoroughly.
- Place the dough on the oiled baking sheet. Using a lightly floured rolling pin or a household cup, roll the dough out until its about 1/2 of an inch thick. Then using a biscuit cutter or a cup, cut out the biscuits. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Try this healthy fluffy biscuit recipe, and watch your baking skills grow in leaps and bounds
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.