I’ve been making homemade macaroni and cheese for years and it’s definitely one of the favorite side dishes in our house. All of my versions of mac & cheese always revolve around a homemade cheese sauce for no reason other than that’s how I’ve always done it. But that all changed this past weekend and I’m not sure what the future holds for my mac & cheese making habits.
That’s because, with leftover cooked noodles in my refrigerator, this dish literally took less than 5 minutes to put together and it ended up being some of the most delicious macaroni and cheese any of us have ever had. The amount of seconds and thirds that I passed out to the kids rivaled any of their other favorite dishes for sure.
Check out this recipe and don’t let its simplicity fool you! You’ll end up with rich, creamy and delicious mac and cheese. It’s much easier and infinitely better than any boxed mac and cheese you’ll ever make!
Easiest Mac & Cheese Ever
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, fully cooked, divided
- 2 c. shredded Sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c. milk
- Grease a 13×9 casserole dish. Spread 1/4 of the noodles into the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 c. cheese and add some salt and pepper.
- Continue repeating the layers until you’re done, ending with the cheese on top. Pour in the milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
- Stir well, season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Enjoy!
I did add some frozen peas to two layers and that was a great addition. But you can definitely skip those or replace with broccoli if you want. (Adding veggies to mac and cheese equals healthy foods for kids, at least in my eyes!)
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.