Matcha waffles are a delicious twist on classic waffles that feature the distinct flavor and health benefits of matcha powder.
Matcha is a type of green tea that has been ground into a fine powder, giving it a vibrant green color and a unique taste.
Adding matcha to waffle batter not only adds a delicious earthy flavor, but it also provides antioxidants and other health benefits associated with green tea.
Matcha waffles can be served with a variety of toppings, including fresh fruit, whipped cream, and maple syrup.
Why should you use a waffle maker for Matcha Waffles?
Using a waffle maker for Matcha Waffles ensures that they cook evenly and come out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
The waffle iron also adds a fun texture to the waffles, with the iconic waffle grid pattern. It’s also a convenient way to make multiple waffles at once, making it perfect for feeding a crowd or meal prepping for the week.
How to make Matcha Waffles in a waffle maker
Here’s a recipe for making Matcha Waffles in a waffle maker:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and matcha powder until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Preheat the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour the batter onto the hot waffle maker, using a ladle or measuring cup to distribute it evenly.
- Close the lid and cook the waffles until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until all the waffles are cooked.
- Serve the waffles warm with your choice of toppings, such as whipped cream, fresh fruit, or maple syrup.
Note: If you prefer a stronger matcha flavor, you can increase the amount of matcha powder in the recipe. Alternatively, you can also add matcha powder to whipped cream or other toppings for extra flavor.
Tips for making Matcha Waffles in a waffle maker
Here are some tips for making Matcha Waffles in a waffle maker:
- Use high-quality matcha powder: The quality of the matcha powder you use will greatly impact the flavor and color of your waffles. Look for a high-quality matcha powder that is bright green in color.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in tough and dense waffles. Mix the dry and wet ingredients just until they are combined.
- Preheat the waffle maker: It’s important to preheat the waffle maker before adding the batter. This helps ensure that the waffles cook evenly and don’t stick to the surface.
- Use a non-stick spray: To prevent the waffles from sticking to the waffle maker, use a non-stick spray or brush the surface with melted butter before adding the batter.
- Cook until crispy: Cook the waffles until they are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The exact cooking time will depend on your waffle maker, so be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately: Matcha Waffles are best when served immediately after cooking. If you need to make them ahead of time, keep them warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.