Oatmeal waffles are a nutritious and delicious twist on traditional waffles, made with a base of rolled oats, flour, eggs, and milk. These waffles are typically cooked in a waffle maker, which creates a crispy exterior and fluffy interior.
To make oatmeal waffles, you first blend rolled oats into a fine powder using a food processor or blender. Then, mix the oat flour with all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and any other desired seasonings. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and melted butter or oil. Finally, combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Pour the batter into a preheated waffle maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the waffles are golden brown and crispy on the outside, remove them from the waffle maker and serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
Oatmeal waffles are a great option for a hearty and healthy breakfast, as they are high in fiber and protein and can be customized with various toppings to suit your taste preferences. They also make a great make-ahead meal, as you can store leftover waffles in the refrigerator or freezer and reheat them in the toaster or oven for a quick and satisfying breakfast on busy mornings.
Why should you make Oatmeal waffle in waffle maker?
There are several reasons why making oatmeal waffles in a waffle maker is a great idea:
- Quick and easy: Using a waffle maker to cook oatmeal waffles is quick and easy. The waffle maker heats up quickly and cooks the waffles evenly, which means you can have a batch of delicious waffles ready in just a few minutes.
- Crispy exterior, fluffy interior: The waffle maker creates a crispy exterior and fluffy interior, which makes for a delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch.
- Customizable: Oatmeal waffles are highly customizable, and the waffle maker makes it easy to add your favorite ingredients to the batter, such as fresh fruit, nuts, or spices.
- Nutritious: Oatmeal waffles are a nutritious breakfast option, as they are high in fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates. Adding oatmeal to the waffle batter also adds a nutty flavor and texture, making the waffles more satisfying and filling.
- Versatile: Oatmeal waffles can be enjoyed on their own, or topped with a variety of toppings such as fresh fruit, yogurt, honey, maple syrup, or whipped cream. They can also be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast option on busy mornings.
How to make Oatmeal waffle in waffle maker
Here is a simple recipe for making oatmeal waffles in a waffle maker:
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the rolled oats until they form a fine powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter or oil, and any optional sweeteners or flavorings.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter onto the preheated waffle maker, filling each section about 3/4 full.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve the waffles hot with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious oatmeal waffles!
Note: This recipe makes approximately 8-10 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle maker. You can store any leftover waffles in the refrigerator or freezer and reheat them in the toaster or oven for a quick and easy breakfast.
Tips for making Oatmeal waffle in waffle maker
Here are some tips for making oatmeal waffles in a waffle maker:
- Use a high-quality waffle maker: Investing in a good-quality waffle maker will make a big difference in the quality of your waffles. Look for a waffle maker with a non-stick surface and adjustable temperature settings.
- Preheat your waffle maker: Preheating your waffle maker before adding the batter will ensure that your waffles cook evenly and have a crispy exterior.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in tough, rubbery waffles. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Let the batter rest: Allowing the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes before cooking will give the oatmeal time to absorb the liquid ingredients, resulting in a fluffier texture.
- Use a measuring cup or scoop: To ensure that your waffles are the same size and cook evenly, use a measuring cup or scoop to portion out the batter.
- Don’t overfill the waffle maker: Overfilling the waffle maker can cause the batter to overflow and make a mess. Fill each section about 3/4 full to allow room for expansion.
- Avoid opening the waffle maker too soon: Opening the waffle maker too soon can cause the waffles to stick or break apart. Wait until the waffle maker indicates that the waffles are done cooking before opening it.
- Keep the waffles warm: To keep your waffles warm and crisp, place them in a single layer on a wire rack in a preheated oven at 200°F while you cook the remaining waffles.
- Experiment with toppings: Oatmeal waffles are highly customizable, so feel free to experiment with different toppings and flavorings. Fresh fruit, whipped cream, yogurt, honey, and maple syrup are all delicious options.
How to make egg waffle maker
Cinnamon rolls in waffle maker
Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.