- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger root
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup currants or chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, egg, ginger, sour cream and vanilla in food processor. Process a smooth puree.
- Add the butter and process 8 more seconds. Mix the flour baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir the dry ingredients into the liquid in 2 stages just until blended.
- Fold in the walnuts and currants.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough on the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes. The cookies will still be soft to touch when they are done.
- Cool on the sheet for two minutes then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
Note: Do not substitute powdered ginger in the recipe as fresh ginger and powdered ginger are very different in flavor.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.