This jam is straightforward to make, and the fruit combination tastes like wild strawberries, that tiny but full-of-flavor version of a regular strawberry.
I tossed in a Fig simply because I had one left over, and the result was optimal! When making strawberry jam (almost with any jam I make), I add a few drops of lemon juice, which not only contains the pectin that helps set the jam but also gives a nice contrast to the sweetness in the fruits –as the fruits cook, the liquids evaporate, and the sugars become more robust, so even for those of us with a sweet tooth, it might be too much without something to digress it-.
This time around, I used vanilla to accentuate the fruit flavors, so lemon juice was not such a good match. Instead, I added a small pinch of salt to reduce the sweetness. Altogether, a straightforward and lovely-tasting homemade version of a gourmet jam.
The recipe in just 30 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 package (12 oz.) white chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9″x13″ pan by lining it with parchment paper, or greasing it with bit of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices and set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together the melted butter and sugars. Add the egg, then vanilla and pumpkin and blend together well with the whisk (no need for an electric mixer).
- Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, add the white chocolate chips and blend together with a spatula or wooden spoon just until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly in the pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until it appears set and a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool fully, then cut into bars as desired.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.