Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 500g sifted plain flour
- 10 eggs – separate white from yolk
- 1/2 cup sultanas 30 cherries
- 400g soft brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 500g butter
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of all-spice
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 tbsp cherry brandy
- Grease and line two 500g loaf tins
- Sprinkle fruit with 4 tbsp flour taken from the given amount of flour. Cream butter and sugar till light.
- Add egg yokes beating in for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, all-spice, golden syrup, corn oil, rum, cherry, brandy and vanilla.
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar adding 2 tbsp sugar and the lemon juice till peaks rise.
- Mix the fruit into the cake mixture and fold in the egg whites quickly. Pour into loaf tins.
- Bake in preheated oven of 165°C for 45 minutes or till firm.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.