This is a delicious snack that is very inexpensive to make and is the perfect amount of sweetness. Most of the ingredients you’ll have on hand in your pantry so it’s easy to just whip up at a moments notice.
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice, all-purpose flour, dry mustard, buckwheat flour, cornstarch, white sugar, and ground black pepper.
- In a measuring cup stir together the molasses, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and cold water.
- In the center of the dry ingredients make a well.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the well.
- Mix the batter together until just blended.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean which usually takes about 35 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cooking Tip – Cinnamon Fact
Cinnamon has many health benefits. It has shown promise in the treatment of diabetes, arthritis, high cholesterol, memory function, and even leukemia and lymphoma.
Cooking Tip – Ginger Information
When selecting ginger, choose very large firm roots with a spicy fragrance and smooth skin. Ginger freezes well so don’t be afraid to buy more than you are going to use just for this recipe. 1 piece of ginger can last for months
Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes with Coffee Cheese Cream and Sugar
Dutch Ginger Raisin Fruit Cake Recipe
Afternoon Nut Cake Recipe
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.