- Prepare time: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready in: 60 min
For those who are keen of casserole, then this Mexican casserole is the recommended one. You need to try to make one at home since the taste is really worth it. Check the article below for the further recipe.
How to make Tamale Pie
To make Tamale pie, you just need to spend around 60 minutes in your kitchen to serve a flavorful Mexican casserole on top of your dining table.
- A box of muffin mix (corn)
- An egg
- 100 gr sour cream
- 100 gr creamed corn
- 450 gr ground beef
- An onion(finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- A half teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of cumin
- A teaspoon of chili powder
- A can of red enchiladas sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded jack cheese
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Chopped jalapeño
- Sour cream
- First of all, you need to prepare for the oven by preheating it over 400 Fahrenheit-degree.
- Next, you also need to prepare the casserole pan.
- Here, you may grease the pan and choose the 8×8 cm size of the casserole pan. After that, follow the next step written below.
- Next, combine some ingredients in the casserole pan like sour cream, egg, corn muffin mix, creamed corn.
- Mix them well and put the dish into the oven to bake for around 20 minutes. Make sure the mixture turns golden brown and cooked well.
- Then, you may take it out of the oven and set it aside for a while.
- While waiting, you may prepare for the beef. Take a skillet and cook the ground beef along with the onion.
- When the beef turns brown, it is time for you to add the garlic.
- Then, don’t forget to drain the grease off the beef. Also, add the complement ingredients or seasonings like salt, chili powder, and cumin.
- Now, go back to the cornbread and make some holes on all sides of the cornbread.
- Next, you can pour around 100 gr of enchilada sauce over the cornbread.
- After that, continue to pour the meat mixture along with the cheese on top of the cornbread.
- Bake the mixture for around 20 minutes until it turns brown and bubbly.
- After 20 minutes, you may take the pie out of the oven and start to put some garnish on top of it. Here, you may use chopped cilantro, jalapenos, sour cream and the remaining enchilada sauce.
Those are the steps that you need to follow in making the homemade Tamale pie. Make sure you follow them orderly and enjoy the casserole while it is warm.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.