Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a 13″ X 9″ baking pan with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, crispy rice cereal, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and spices.
- In a pan, combine the honey and apple juice and heat to blend thoroughly. Cool slightly, then stir in vanilla. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the honey mixture into the flour mixture. Batter will appear soupy Pour half the batter in the prepared pan.
- To prepare the filling, combine the dates, raisins, and boiling water in a food processor or blender. Blend for 1 minute or until the fruit is pureed. Spoon filing over the batter, spreading evenly.
- Pour remaining batter over filling, spreading evenly. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden and firm to touch when pressed lightly. Allow to cool completely on a rack before cutting. Remove from pan. Peel off parchment and cut into 32 two-inch pieces.
- The flavor is best if you can allow the cookies to rest 24 hours before eating.
How to make egg waffle maker
Cinnamon rolls in waffle maker
Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffle
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.