- 250g self raising flour
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 120g sugar
- 125g soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (200g) pineapple slices
- 110g sultanas
- Warmed honey to glaze
- Prepare a cool oven (160°C, 325°F, Gas 3). Grease a 2 1/2 pint (2lb) capacity loaf tin with oil. Line base with greaseproof paper.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, margarine and eggs in a bowl.
- Drain syrup from can of pineapple and measure 6 tablespoons into bowl. Reserve 1 1/2 pineapple rings for decoration and finely chops remainder. Cut reserved pineapple rings in halves through thickness and each whole ring in half to give six thin semi-circles.
- Mix ingredients in bowl together with a wooden spoon then beat for 2 to 3 minutes (1 to 2 minutes if using an electric mixer) until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Fold in chopped pineapple and sultanas with a metal spoon until evenly mixed.
- Spread mixture in prepared tin and level top with the back of a metal spoon. Arrange the 6 pineapple semi-circles down center of cake slightly overlapping each other. Bake cake in center of oven for 1 hour 50 minutes to 2 hours. Test by pressing with the fingers. If cooked, cake should spring back and have begun to shrink from sides of tin.
- Brush cake liberally with honey and leave cake to cool in tin. When cold, turn out and remove paper. Wrap cake in foil.
To store: will keep moist up to 2 weeks wrapped in foil and placed in a tin (not airtight).
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.