- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 18 Servings
You will need a 13x9x2 Baking Pan (Or, makes about 24 Cupcakes)
- 1 Cup GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- ½ Cup Tapioca Flour
- ½ Cup Rice Flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Cups Finely Shredded Carrots
- 1/3 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 ¼ Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup All Natural Unsweetened Applesauce
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 oz Cream Cheese – softened
- ½ Cup Butter – softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tsp Grated Lemon Peel (zest)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pan – I prefer to use all vegetable shortening and rice flour.
- Mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Place carrots in a large mixing bowl and add boiling water. Let carrots and water sit for 1 minute.
- Add sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla to carrots. Mix on low for one minute.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Add walnuts. Mix on low until well combined.
- Pour batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before frosting.
- To make frosting, beat all ingredients together until fluffy. If it’s too thick, add extra lemon juice 1 teaspoon at a time. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.