Donut waffles with maple glaze are a delicious breakfast treat that combines the crispy texture of waffles with the sweet, indulgent flavor of glazed donuts. These waffles are easy to make and are perfect for a special weekend brunch or a lazy Sunday morning breakfast.
The waffles are made with a simple batter that is cooked in a waffle iron until crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
The maple glaze is made with just a few ingredients and is drizzled generously over the waffles for an extra sweet touch.
These donut waffles are sure to be a hit with anyone who loves the classic combination of maple and donuts.
Why should you use a waffle maker for Donut Waffles With Maple Glaze?
- Easy and quick cooking: A waffle maker is an efficient appliance that cooks waffles evenly and quickly. It takes only a few minutes to cook a batch of waffles, which saves time compared to other cooking methods.
- Perfect texture: A waffle maker creates a crispy exterior and fluffy interior, giving the donut waffles their classic texture. The ridges and pockets in the waffle maker also help the maple glaze to adhere to the waffles, giving them a sweet, sticky finish.
- Versatile: Waffle makers are versatile and can be used to make a variety of waffle-based dishes, including donut waffles with maple glaze. They are also easy to clean and store, making them a great addition to any kitchen.
- Fun and unique: Donut waffles with maple glaze are a fun and unique twist on traditional waffles or donuts. Using a waffle maker to create this dish adds an extra element of fun and creativity to your breakfast or brunch.
Overall, using a waffle maker to make donut waffles with maple glaze is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to create a unique and delicious breakfast dish with ease.
How to make Donut Waffles With Maple Glaze in a waffle maker
Here’s how you can make donut waffles with maple glaze in a waffle maker:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until the batter is smooth.
- Gradually pour in the milk, stirring continuously, until the batter has a smooth consistency.
- Lightly coat the waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour the batter into the waffle maker until it is about three-quarters full.
- Close the waffle maker and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the waffles are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the waffles from the waffle maker and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- While the waffles are cooling, prepare the maple glaze by whisking together the maple syrup, powdered sugar, melted butter, and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the maple glaze over the waffles and sprinkle with extra powdered sugar or colorful sprinkles for a fun and festive touch.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious donut waffles with maple glaze!
Note: You can adjust the amount of sugar and maple syrup in the recipe based on your personal preference. Additionally, you can add in other ingredients such as cinnamon or nutmeg to add more flavor to the batter.
Tips for making Donut Waffles With Maple Glaze in a waffle maker
Here are some tips for making Donut Waffles with Maple Glaze in a waffle maker:
- Use a waffle maker with deep pockets: A waffle maker with deeper pockets will create a better donut shape and allow for more space for the maple glaze to collect.
- Add melted butter to the batter: Adding melted butter to the batter will give the waffles a more authentic donut taste and texture.
- Use a pastry bag to dispense the batter: Using a pastry bag will allow you to dispense the batter more precisely into the waffle maker and create a more uniform donut shape.
- Don’t overfill the waffle maker: Be careful not to overfill the waffle maker with batter, as this can cause the waffles to overflow and create a mess.
- Cook the waffles until they are crispy: Cook the waffles until they are golden brown and crispy. This will give them a texture similar to that of a fried donut.
- Make the maple glaze while the waffles cook: While the waffles are cooking, make the maple glaze by mixing together powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk. This will save time and ensure that the glaze is ready when the waffles are done.
- Dip the waffles in the maple glaze: Dip the cooked waffles in the maple glaze while they are still warm. This will allow the glaze to soak into the waffles and give them a sweet, sticky coating.
- Serve immediately: Serve the Donut Waffles with Maple Glaze immediately, while they are still warm and the glaze is gooey.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.