- Prepare time: 15 min
- Cook: 60 min
- Ready in: 1 hour and 15 min
Doritos Taco Casserole is one of the best Mexican dishes that you need to try since it is very delicious and full of fresh and healthy ingredients.
How to make Doritos Taco Casserole
If you are interested in making this Mexican dish at home, simply follow the recipe below from the beginning until the end.
- A bag of Doritos (family sized), you may use any flavor like Nacho Cheese
- An onion, cut into cubes
- 450 gr ground beef (lean)
- One clove of minced garlic
- 200 gr salsa
- A package taco seasoning (low sodium), you may also use homemade taco seasoning
- 200 gr sour cream
- A can of cream soup (chicken or mushroom)
- 400 gr shredded cheese, (Mexican blended or Cheddar cheese)
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato, cut into cubes
- Sour Cream
- First of all, to start making this Doritos Taco Casserole at home, you need to prepare for the oven.
- Heat the oven over 350 Fahrenheit-degree. Then, while waiting for the oven to get heat, you may prepare for other ingredients. Look at the following step below.
- Prepare a skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Next, place the ground beef on it and cook them along with the diced onions and minced garlic.
- Sauté for several minutes until the beef is not pink anymore. After that, don’t forget to drain the excess fat produced by the beef.
- When it is done, you still need to cook the beef mixture along with other ingredients, such as taco seasoning, 65 ml of water and salsa.
- Cook these ingredients for around 5 minutes until the mixture gets thickened. After that, you may turn the heat off.
- To continue, prepare a large bowl and combine the beef mixture, cream soup, sour cream and a cup of cheese.
- Mix them well and set aside for a while. Then, you may continue to crush the Doritos but make sure that you don’t make it into complete crumbs.
- Next, prepare a casserole dish and layer the crush Doritos in the bottom of the dish. Also, don’t forget to add a half of the beef mixture on top of the crushed Doritos.
- After that, add again with another layer of Doritos as well as the remaining cheese.
- Make sure the layer is spread evenly on top of the dish.
When you have done assembling the casserole, then it is time for you to bake it. Simply put the casserole in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes with the cover on. Then, remove the foil and bake again for 20 more minutes until it gets bubbly and hot. Serve with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce leaves, olives, and tomatoes. Enjoy immediately!
Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos
Doritos Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole
Easy Italian Friendship Casserole
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.