- Prepare time: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready in: 45 min
Churros is one of the delicious Mexican snacks which very popular today. This fried dough pastry can be paired with any dipping sauce, like chocolate, fruity or berry. Sometimes people add it to ice cream too. Churros common to find in some fairs and festive. The line of churros seller always long and exhausting; it’s tempting to wait for hours just for churros. But don’t worry, if you still want to taste the churros, you can try the Homemade Mexican Churros recipe below.
How to Make Homemade Mexican Churros
Making Homemade Mexican Churros is not as hard as you think. It’s quite fun and simple. You just need to get some ingredients and a little time. See the ingredients and steps below for details.
- Six tbsp unsalted butter
- Two and quarter cups water
- One tsp kosher salt
- One tsp vanilla extract
- One of cinnamon stick
- Two and quarter cups flour, all-purpose
- A large egg
- One and a half cups sugar
- One tbsp cinnamon, grounded
- 1-quart frying canola oil
- The first step to make the Homemade Mexican Churros is to melt butter In the saucepan, with medium heat.
- Then add salt, water, cinnamon stick, and Boil that mixture, then remove the cinnamon stick from it. After that take off it from heat and let it cool.
- Add the flour and stir it with a wooden spoon. Stir until the dough is smooth, it mostly takes three to five minutes. Let it cool, about 10-15 minutes then put into a bowl.
- After that add an egg. Stir the egg vigorously. Be careful because the mixture is pretty hot and egg could be cooked into scramble egg due to the heat.
- Move the dough into a plastic piping bag which fitted by a star tip. Move aside.
- Take a shallow bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar in it. Set aside. In an oven, heat the oil to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Hold plastic piping bag on hot oil and press the dough about four to six-inch lengths. Make sure you don’t put too much dough in it because it can lower the oil’s heat.
- Fry until becoming golden brown, it takes about 2 minutes, flipping all of the churros so often with a spider strainer.
- Move it to paper tissue or towels to drain the oils. Then move it to the sugar-cinnamon mixture and roll it all until it fully coated. Repeat the process.
That’s all the recipe for making Homemade Mexican Churros. Very simple and fast right? Better serve the churros immediately, to keep it warm, moist, and crispy. You also can serve the churros with many topping and sauce.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at dulceriabakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.